end translate-dilemma with this coda wherein all my silliness is fully displayed /



-- I admit idiocy here. Feel free to feel good about yourself (redunancy of "feel" but can it be helped?)



my brain, I realised, without letting me know what it way doing (I had to find out by the by-ways) had concocted for itself unknown to me a little chamber wherein it would translate what ever was there to see, read &c . . . also, it had a strong to desire to make itself understood -- that is fair, translation successfully requires it be understood to some extent, in whatever context the text is rooted in)

I had not even aware of the brain making its little compartments, though was aware of my recent tendency to read something while simultaneously attempting translate it (english to japanese)

-- A copy pf the email with retracted parts like the CIA do, wherein I realised all this,follows:


『 ・・・ while focusing on your music writing (or read: writing on
music) I had a revelation some time mid last night (while sorta
sleeping) / I had been obsessing about translation because that is
what I seem to currently be doing, then this obsession connects to all
other things, i.e. writing about music; the concern is whether I can
translate my interest in the music, or "understanding" (I am doubtful
of my understanding of anything much) so other people can share the
understanding, and this goes back to the earthquake, 2011, here in
japan, and the tsunami &c, which seemed to provoke the current music
scene to occur, which is what I am interested in currently, musically
speaking, and so the problem of translation becomes at least a
three-fold thing, and I find comfort in yr concise method &c.

((I may come back to this or make it a blogpost no-one will read, but
it explains a lot to me, like self-therapy sudden revelation)) . . . 』


↑↑↑ ↑↑↑ ↑↑↑ ↑↑↑ ↑↑↑ ↑↑↑



So mainly :


1/
my brain without letting me know made a compartment for translation purpose (well done I tell it, even now)



2/
brain compartment declined to include all my worry about 1st) the conundrum of post-2011 poppish (use that term very lightly) musics
+ the question of why they appeared post 2011 (this is undeniable, digital dating stuff if you require evidence, it is all there)
(me 2nd 2nd): my conscious desire to have this understood must have meshed with the compartment (1/)



3/ (2 both 2nds)became interfused, so there was no real way out, I wanted my understanding of things to be UNDERSTOOD, or this word, I keep finding it more meaningful: ACKNOWLEDGED



4/ so the brain compartment was confusedly interpreting translation as equal to understanding (this is another matter) + my desire for ACKNOWLEDGEMENT of what I took to be my understanding (of the pop-stuff, but it got entangled)



SO, a 5th, final, I was idiot, distracted all-ways, wanted utter understanding in some magical event, BUT,


BUT from now on, the translations go here (compartment 1), the marginal idol units go there (compartment 2), there is no need to understand one to understand the other.


Maybe one day I can find a way to combine compartments in a workable manner, but until then, I am afraid they are separate concerns. (even thou, back of my head, they remain interfused)


I have unraveled myself somewhat. I had unraveled myself somewhat. Not I am compartmentalising. Sounds very 80s/


so, sorrys all round.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ 

1 comment:

  1. there are terrible errors of word usage and syntax in the 1st part of this post, but I have decided to retain them as they express quite aptly the confusion I must have been experiencing.

    Language often is most truthful in its mistakes.

    ReplyDelete