Destiny-Lock -- initial explanation

I had intended an I am a Hero "homework" series of posts before the release of 17th volume, but I have failed. At least let me explain "Destiny-Lock" and why this is important etc and in relation to the manga-comic I am a Hero :

so,

over 16 yrs ago, when I was 19(?) or so, around-abouts that at least, ensconsced in a troubling boy's only japanese dormitory (秀(?)麗寮) (I went ill-mad there, I am sorry to my past self) but mangas(not quite proper plural of manga but don't worry) were passed around and the sole one I remember, after all the time, turns out to be a short by the manga author of "I am a Hero", which along with "the Five Star Stories" I am mainly interested in, as manga goes.

And I didn't know this until it was announced a collection of early short work would be announced, in one of the volumes, maybe around volume 8, I'll check,and I thought "what if?" what if it turns out ... but that would be too much of a coincidence, I thought . . .

so came to be a "Destiny-Lock"

does this make sense? It better make some sense.

It means the only story I remember from that time is by the author of the almost-only manga series that I care about and am reading as it is released.

Hence call it "Destiny-Lock"

This is as prelude to "I am a Hero" homework-studies series, wherein I shall do just as that title implies.

Though it will start from around current events in the manga, and then go backwards.

There will be digressions.

Images will be either photos from actual manga or on-line illegal-I-know scanlations depending on desire for quality etc.

Take care with spoilers please. I assume no responsibility beyond announcing what chapter(s) are to be discussed, in title of blog post.

last two pages from said story; title being: 「退屈な月」 released 1999,週刊ヤングサンデー第7号



No comments:

Post a Comment