conversation post re: I'm not sure, something with sadness in it -- but that's everything!

I was thinkg the RD DL falling-out over how to do war poetry (a simplification I'm sure) could act as corollary -- ah that is the wrong word, just say "comparison" to current our era concerns in genre: i.e., the post-"racefail" "hugo-wars" "sjw" but probably not, probably not at all. Every poet in any case has some dispute surely with other poets -- and the point being they were initially very sympathetic to each other, and also, the funny thing, of DL intially completely misunderstanding RD's first letter as being a criticism, when in fact it was a heartfelt praiseful celebration &c

don't try to cohere on a blog.

I have only anyway read what shards are available on the google books. But these are relevant books (I'll link to the google books where you too can pick thru the shards):

-- (the actual letters) The Letters of Robert Duncan and Denise Levertov

-- Robert Duncan and Denise Levertov: The Poetry of Politics, the Politics of ...
By Albert Gelpi, Robert J. Bertholf


. . . and in case anyone actually simply wants to hand them over too me, thanks in advance.

I am nearing the end of (writing) a sister-complex(!) novella -- mentioned likely elsewhere on this blog, and this late letter from DL maybe hoping to reconcile, seemed to provoke some inspiration, and also, reader, it made me cry, cry along with DL in the letter quoted, so I post screencaptured, and wonder what others shall think of all this, now or in the future. What anyone must think, of all this, I don't know at all . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment