notes to a the fall song "ibis-afro man"

as I said, notes to a the fall song "ibis-afro man" -- from the record album release "are you are missing winner"

--

think if this is was/were a(n) LP, this would be the track split between prompting you turning over/ one track two sides, requires analogue participation to complete the listen. Like, like, is it "winter/deer-park"? or the other way round?, not having the original vinyl, nor a record player, since 6 plus years gone. No analogue means to ascertain.

possible initial stage is cover of a racist or thought-to-be song by ??iggy pop: I refer you to the excellent source of transcribed the fall lyrics (w.annotations): "annotatedthefall, specific page of song "ibis-afro-man"

-- it renders all my transcriptions below wrong so I add (sic) to all / and I add the time, i.e., xx:xx minutes seconds where when I thought I heard what I likely didn't. Some approximation thereof . . .

left ear only firstly, then the band coheres to the right . . . fork/knife -- elephants/lions , juxtapositions/ monkey/ for breakfast/ etc, something here, is the wrong way round, or both/ colonisation from inside out / the band asserts the main drive plus leftward half-insisted-on assertions / to as-though, make a point, but shan't/ better aspire to chaos/ collision/ oxy-moronism celebrations/ -- the gap, now, starts / estimated 03:20 to 04:50 -- )) then turn over your LP , &, 05:05 "nothing have I left to say . . . "

05:15 approximately thereon: "move fast and move me, down the line" (sic? &c) // repeats// 06:06))

"sometimes the sky(sic)(things)/ gets so slow, the sky /----/ above me, it looks so great" ~~ 01:53 )

(only what the hotel, supplies) // ~~ 02:10 )

jungle plus hotel service references/ great contradictory oxymoron bloom stretch-song to go long/ and it does

/atemporally I repeat re-discuss the the in-between (3:20~4:50) with what sounds like an electric machine animal replica voice/ (but see the notes on "annotated fall" site above) -- link persists through this, like a gap zoomed in/ and (because of the gap) it gets real good/(i thought, this is where you turn over the vinyl, if have/ and if that is the case, but it probably isn't (the case), but -- ) as atemporal anyway I picked by sic~misheards, and it's no problems.

fade-out/in to robust /move fast and move me, down the line // (sic) // many implications from this line, I thought, but (sic)?

great bloom of electric melody-field/

06:30 -- "I looked around, I looked around, I always did"//

some basic the fall as an anew spark perform footage captured thanks

--
I used to live in a hotel. I ate "only what the hotel supplied"/ which was very nice/ then there was a sandstorm and virus carried within got in me and I couldn't go to school for months and then we were moving to bahrain for reasons no-one ever bothered to explain, then 18 months or somewhat less later kuwait would be invaded (August 1990 or so I believe) and in januaary 1991 we would be sent to england, a cold unwelcoming place where I am supposedly "from" /

in the hotel lobby, (in all hotel lobbies) there were reuter's machinery, they remind me now of ticker-tape or something, no I don't know for sure, perhaps in a physics highschool class something like that was used to measure a distance, a speed and a distance perhaps. The reuter machines constantly printed out dot-matrix style news reports, and spread if the lobby people are busy and/or unattentive, to spoool spill over onto the (hotel, lobby) floor. It was some quiet corner anyway. I used to like the reuter machineries (some sort of perpetually-ready attentive fax-like machinery, a printing machinery, let it be noted -- transmits reports from remote "in-the-field" workers(?))






hereby further fulfill obligations as decided to myself i.e. see previous a blog entry: __link__ though not with any concern for day of week nor frequency as originally intended, yet it's OK.

1 comment:

  1. recently on you tube
    distinct live versions of this appeared, & i think they are part of this resultant version on the album

    ReplyDelete