HugO_o

--

kerfuffle over "hugo awards" "S F" in general, continuing in various distant net eddies (all that you may not need nor want to know: __here__)/ I extract (from here __link__ one boon / appleseed approval/ printscreened without permission or notice, sorry, because I am shy (and I inverted the colours):




 


and I suggest my own slate for "hugo", ecto/exo/^temperanous works, just like the summoned heroes from the "fate/staynight/zero&c" franchise (though I haven't myself knowlingly read works from the actual future as it is from my perspective//

my summons are:
1/ 80 Flowers, Louis Zukofsky
2/ the HD Book, Robert Duncan
3/ Operators and Things, Barbara O'Brien
tentative 4/ (that is in fact current, purloined from recent birkensnake): "I, Y’know Who, Having Stepped into Well Street", Ahimaaz Rajesh

 
 
appleseed seems like a prelimenary moment in this new to-(not-yet)-be sfnal~/// I sometimes think of it as kinetic science fiction . . .

the Sfnal  I pray for is yet to be,  shall most likely not be , in any sense (probably for the best) but I know because I recognise its pre-born resonance, some compartment that fits my idea, shall be available, small though open and with some slight product, and alll's good, well, with the genre: world&c/

sf like meillassoux's virtual god, yet to (& maybe never) be, yet shall gather if in the future becomes manifest, all works that sensed what may (not) be,  that is (not) (may not) be rendered with great hindsight O_o

therefore thereby thusly SF's problem is in truth it doesn't exist yet. Some attempts have been made to describe the shape it thinks it may be yet is not yet yet may. O may it may. And I am looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. the way SF went wrong in america at least was all these little arguments/disputes (which should be normal ) got chainganged to # hashtags on the "social" media & there is then never a chance at reasonable discussion

    i am not sure what is like nowadays, afraid to peep

    ReplyDelete