diphenhydramine and a trip to the cinema


diphenhydramine, trade name of benadryl, was an early histamine and is now available as an over the counter sedative. "People who consume a high recreational dose can possibly find themselves in a hallucination which places them in a familiar situation with people and friends and rooms they know, while in reality being in a totally different setting.
Diphenhydramine readily crosses the blood-brain barrier"" wikipedia

Here are some transcriptions of experiences with diphenhydramine, from the 'Erowid Experience Vaults' . . .
"Went to the bathroom, and out of nowhere the green walls became blue. . . Hearing Random sounds. (I.E. Clicks, Beeps, Music Parts, People Talking, Birds Chirping, More People Talking)"

"About a half hour later, the ceiling took on a weird gelatinous appearance, consistent with other reports. I then decided to get up, and listen to a little music. I didn't hear any distortion of the music, but I could hear my name being called over it. After turning off the music, I turned to see a black woman in a cape and a large fur hat sitting next to my roommate. She explained to me that he was very sick, and that she needed to heal him. She also told me not to be alarmed, so I turned back to the computer. This episode took about a half hour."

"I'm in my kitchen drinking some water, I go to get an ice tea from the fridge, BAM, I'm in my room, no ice tea, I go downstairs, get the same ice tea, the can is closed, I look down again, it's open. It's like I'm slipping in and out of time, the order is all wrong."

"At one point, I was staring straight into the eyes of a very old woman who was getting her hair done at a salon. She just kept staring me straight in my eyes, and I asked my friend sitting next to me, 'Is it rude to keep staring?' After I had spoken aloud for the first time during any of these trips, I snapped back into reality and realized that I had been staring at jeans and talking to absolutely no one."


here is a mio picture depicting the film we went to see. Can you tell what it is yet?



in case you were still wondering, I can now reveal, that we went to see the motion movie picture film "INLAND EMPIRE" by David Lynch. It was a good film, it had rabbits, prostitutes, and Laura Palmer's mother. It has Tits and Ass. A gun or two.

It also explicitly folds itself up and in more than any film I have seen, like if someone did a literal transcription-in-film of the soft machine for example. Tarkovsky's Mirror looks like something similar, but INLAND EMPIRE goes its own way.

The Laura Palmer Mommy character at the beginning-ish acts as oracle which signals some sort of future misfortune. Malale thinks now and again it may be something to do with a long-ago curse being restituted. The curse is variably:
-The curse of being-in-the-first-place
-The biblical curse, the instigator or fooled party being a woman
-Some sort of fall, in any case.


'it is a simple hole running from one thing to another' (jack spicer)

I think this means it is a recommended moving motion picture.

For those who are not sure, await the
upcoming review by astute nipponese mio.
She has looked up the words:
-"ontological"
-"embedded"
-"metonym"
(she couldn't fine a definition of metonym)

3 comments:

  1. Did you hear about BZP -
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzylpiperazine ?

    It's a bit like MDMA. It's legal in New Zealand and Ireland.

    What's really funny is, the US DEA got it banned with a typical dirty manoeuvre:

    "The drug was classified as a Schedule I controlled substance in the United States in 2002, following a report by the DEA which incorrectly stated that BZP was 10 to 20 times more potent than amphetamine, when in fact BZP is ten times less potent than dexamphetamine. The DEA subsequently admitted this mistake, but nevertheless retained the Schedule 1 classification."

    What I want to know is, why have there been no advances in recreational drugs in the last 2000 years? We still rely on brewing, smoking as our only source of legal ways to get happy.

    Also, what art software does Mio use to create her images?

    ReplyDelete
  2. - there are certain things can be licked, like a special race of ants and the welsh, I have heard.

    - i heard of a special dmt derivitative that only affects sound perception. It was intended to be sold in record shops but was made ilegal because it was "dangerous"

    - the high-end soft mio jacks into is called "pain brush" and you probably couldn't handle its array of features.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mio's pics are ace. Does she like http://www.delaware.gr.jp? Why are the Japanese so visually literate?

    ReplyDelete