the strata over-thought re: translation all things considered and gone, over-long, then prolonged even . . .



---- (this is strata-style, everything has taken on strata-style, I did not mean to...)



so layer 1/the not-yet but will-be-written, 2/the written, 3/revision(re-see as RD says) 4/the editor-dude 5/the reader ( 4.5/ nightmare of formatting on idiot computers ) - the reader seems to have a choice how many layers they are willing to expend here ...

/ later, translation layers -- /

translation has its own layering system, uncountable. Again, it is what a reader or whatever they are, and their effort, are willing to expend.

Now the virus translation layer has concept of parasite. This is already present in language itself. In translation it becomes a question of how parasitical should it be, and which language (original, or the translated-into) is main concern (may depend on original text, the whim/will of translator/ the patience or something like that of eventual hopefully reader, of the translation. How far are you willing to go, is always a back-of-mind question.

I almost am frightening myself in a weird textual manner.

Note, if you care, in this text about large viruses, how the text seems to fit its format, i.e, online -- example "host-range" -- now this is likely a typical term to use in virology, but look how it alters itself somewhat, it is "hosted" online, we think of wi-fi and such -- this is unintentional, hence the virus is present, with its unusual vocabulary and such that we, inexperts in virology can nevertheless translate into terms that make sense to us, via this format. A magazine format would be something else. But still the virulent terms are what are prominent. Something like an invasion, which is also an infection, is happening. Welcome to language.


Welcome, one language says to another. There is a mediator between. How they manage depends on value-systems without both languages (they are for now, let's suppose, innocent)/ they pin the mediator/ It was anyway the dreamed-of occupation to do this, but on further investigation, things beyond the two languages, to be welcomed to each other (into each other) are found, lurking. I am the prey of that without language, that seeks some intercourse between the languages neither of which it is privy to, but somewhere in the mix is found what it is looking for. Profit, I think. Not money, it may be profit by degradation of the two languages, and I have participated in this unwittingly. So I shall be on my guard. But against what. I am not sure what game is being played here. I merely wanted to make a bit of one language function in another. I am thinking something is sneaking through this intercourse, which is also full of gaps. I am a participant in a contamination/infection/infiltration. Space Invaders.


That is how I feel when at most unease.// Texts need not be read. Language need not be understood. It is trade mechanism gone dumb and viral and acting with instinct. Intent?

Figure this out at least. Intent.

To consolidate some already won domain. To keep enemies out. To keep the viral alive, alert, intact, awaiting next host. Next host text/ language. And without motivation, mere continuation.

Sometimes that is what I think of "my generation" of writer people/ Without motivation, mere continuation. I hope I am not like that (my "publishing history" ha ha should prove this) ("sparse") -- I have moved the argument, if that is what it was, quite avidly, outrageously, even. Either I am infected, or all of you are, and see my argument that way. To argue, I see myself my argument that way, hence I am not infected?

Shall I stop knowing nothing or proceed further?

Go back a bit / virus&translation. Take it from the top, i.e. a topological examination of this process. Let us try. Let's Pretend (old UK children's tv show):

Two sides 1/ extant poem 2/ a phantom (2) the result of translation that will be the new poem/ The in-between is well, me, hello; (2) has not yet happened yet, we are still working on it. It may take some time. 1/ exists. May be recent, may be old. Only as old as the language can be. While negotiating between, do I feel other things? Cultural events both recent and past may have a phantom presence alongside me. This usually depends on what 1/ is "saying" involved with/ then the question, how to turn that to (2) so readable by the public who read the (2) but not the one. So cultures impact, if I let them, the result (2) 2/
If it gets tricky I wonder and lament: why am I doing this. I am not getting paid much, if at all, &c . . . yet I go on. In the end you simply want 1/ to become 2/

There is an inbetween/ the black box. I believe this is a thing in mathematics, no not merely mathematics, philosophy, &c, "thought experiments" (maybe a translation is a "thought-experiment" done and dusted / become physical / has passed through the black box. It looks very odd now, utter new form) it is an image on this blog (maybe not if you are viewing via "smart" phone) /Perhaps I become the black box when translating/ I feel I may know a little more than the outside viewer, they see only a black box, I see at least the beginning and end of threads that are each attached to the original to-be-translated, and the translated-result. process in between I am not sure I know of. One language so separate from another cannot be bridged by mere knowledge and/or logic. I let it be an absence or something of a dream-phase.

That is the best I can do, I think.

Now consider what has happened. A text has been violated. A reassembly has appeared with all processes of reassembly absent. Something has gone missing. Or was never there. You will never know, me neither. It is an infection process.

On a tangent consider the whole of writing, I have now written on my rented wall: translation = co-morbity (not on the wall: but reading what is written is similar perhaps) (return to wall:) writing, and translation of, as a sustained death-vector.

so there, done and dumbest ////

No comments:

Post a Comment