Robin Blaser 0



Robin, it would be a great thing if you, me, and Jack Spicer
Were taken up in a sorcery with our mortal heads so turnd
That life dimmd in the light of that fairy ship
The Golden Vanity or The Revolving Lure,

Whose sails ride before music as if it were our will,
Having no memory of ourselves but the poets we were
In certain verses that had such a semblance or charm
Our lusts and loves confused in one

Lord or Magician of Amor's likeness.
And that we might have ever at our call
Those youths we have celebrated to play Eros
And erased to lament in the passing of things.

And to weave themes ever of love.
And that each might be glad
To be so far abroad from what he was.


Robert Duncan's Sonnet 3, from Dante's Sixth Sonnet -- it can be heard here__
it seems from _this_ lovely blog that Robin Blaser may be readying to pass away.
I am lucky to have The Holy Forest (but not the new edition) with me, and will be reading it each day, and perhaps will come up with something worth noting here.

I was looking through the late poems of Robert Duncan recently, via google books (I once ordered the first volume of "ground work", via internet, and ended up with an interesting book about american pioneer furniture design. Some mistake, but incredible wooden furniture -- So I have only glimpsed on google books those poems written during late years and with illness very present. A line I noted:


         There is no full blaze of light.  It comes thru the downpour. 



2 comments:

  1. this was rudely linked to my some poet people who perhaps have "high positions" etc//

    example of rudeness i.e., they have a footnote (on the post that this is linked from) where they mentioned I failed to capitalise or not an "A"/a", so why not just tell me, like here, if you it's such a big deal, and, if it is such a big deal, why not type the fucking thing out yourself on your own blog.

    I probably have found more things in my reading of robert duncan et al than you would consider possible.

    this is my late "fuck-U" to yerse all I designate you "verse bastards"

    from matthew pendleton, a writer of science fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stand somewhat by my anger but temper it now with a mild apologetic, a little bow to the screen/monitor, that's all yer getting.

      it's enough I think.

      Delete