2 ceased beings


There have been two recent cessations, both writers mainly of the SF grouping. Algis Budrys, and Thomas M. Disch. I had to come back into SF for reasons I am not sure are explicable. My route was Appleseed by John Clute, and after that I got all sorts of what was often being called "pulp", by Barrington Bayley, and the above 2 dead people. (and one or two others)

- They are not pulp writers.

- They are some of the best writers and they didn't get their dues. I see that Barrington Bayley has written a warhammer 40,000 novel, probably to pay the bills. I may read it. I used to have a small squad of "eldar".

- I only read the following books by the ceased people: A B: Some Will Not Die & Michaelmas; T.M.D: The Genocides They were all good.

- It's not a crime to not read everything right away, although we may feel it is after a death or two.

Here is a resounding sort of thing about the suicide-death of Thomas M. Disch.

Here is somehow something that has an affinity or connection with the right-above link

-piss on your shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment